Spring To-Do List
- Increase watering as the season changes and temperatures rise. Check moisture levels before you water.
Write a to-do list to keep you on track
- Check seasonal flowers every Monday morning, as some buildings will be warm during the weekends.
- Fertilize interior plants that have been in account more than six months. (Careful not to burn them! Be sure soil is moist and mix fertilizer at half strength.)
- Watch closely for spider mites, in order to control them before they get out of hand. Carry your spray bottle into accounts with you so you are prepared to spray.
- Check for roots growing outside the grow pots. Root prune and add soil as needed.
- Reinstall saucers under outdoor pots with exterior color plantings. Water heavy and never allow new color plantings to go completely dry.
- Turn on irrigation systems for exterior plantings and set time clocks as needed.
- Dust and shine your interior plants. Now that the sun is shining plants will look dusty and grimy.
- It’s seasonal allergy time! If you suffer during allergy season, make sure you carry needed medications and drink lots of water.
- Smile more. Notice buds and blooms in your environment. Spring is blossoming before your eyes. Enjoy life!
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!